When I was younger I thought I’d marry my high school sweet heart. Then I thought I’d marry my former high school youth group leader. Then I thought I’d marry my favorite college boyfriend. Then I thought I’d marry my former high school youth group leader again. I never thought I’d marry my sister’s Junior Prom date.
When I tell Brandon and my story, people are always surprised that we met when I was 8. They are shocked we didn’t start dating until after we graduated college and they’re even more baffled at why I always tried to hook my friends up with him. They giggle at the fact that we used to hang out so much without romance and they question why we got married so quickly after we started dating. But me, I think it happened perfectly.
I wonder what would have happened if my family hadn’t moved to Livermore from San Jose. I wonder if I would have met him anyway, he did go to San Jose State, after all. There are so many possibilities, so many “could have been” and “what ifs”. I wonder if we would have gotten married if I would have pressured Brandon to date me sooner. I think about what would have happened if I didn’t have Christian friends who brought me to church, if I would have even had the opportunity to learn about Christ, to become the woman both God and Brandon desire. Again, there are so many possibilities.
Now that I’m a little older, I can’t imagine what my life would be like if I hadn’t married Brandon. I’m sure it would have been ok with someone else, or with nobody, but I seriously doubt it would have been this good. I’m glad my path of “what ifs”, “could have been” and “done that” lead me here, with Brandon and with our strange love story.
He’s just right for me (even if he went to Junior Prom with my sister).
2 comments:
Sweet :)
OMG, as if he went to Junior Prom with your sister...whatever! LOL
Post a Comment