Jett and I have been having some really rough days. I joke that he is hitting his terrible two’s early and laugh nervously because I worry the tantrums will only get worse. Despite these long days filled with fit after fit, food on the floor and a very cranky Mama, we’ve also had some of the best moments squished in there.
Jett has really started talking a lot. He can communicate what he wants, mostly through words. He laughs at jokes. He can count to three, and sometimes to ten, always leaving out five and seven. He knows his colors, yes, even “beelack” and “guray” (black and grey). He sings songs, plays play dough, creates colorful artwork, jumps, runs and loves reading.
It seems like he does something, or many things, new every day. Yesterday, for example, we had a conversation about Jesus and ended in song.
Jett: geeeeshus geeeshus geeeeshus chuyourch go
Me: Jett did you learn about Jesus at church with Miss Vicki?
Jett: Yeah
Me: That’s very nice. What did you learn about Jesus?
Jett: chuyourch geeeshus paaay dooo
Me: Oh you played play dough. How fun. What else did you do?
Jett: (at the top of his lungs and in song form) geeeeeshus uvvve meeee geeeeeeeeeeeshuuuuus!
Me: Are you singing Jesus Loves Me?
Jett: Yesh. Geeeeeeshusss uvvvve meeee mama meee doggie
Little conversations, little life moments like these, make those long days shorter, more bearable and so much sweeter.
2 comments:
Oh, sweet little Jett! I can't believe he is speaking so well! Love that guy!
I especially love his, "Okay" and "Hellllooooo". His fishy kisses are super sweet too, not to mention a bit slobberish at times :) hehe. Love him!
Post a Comment