There are many jobs an auntie has when she is with her niece or nephew and this weekend was no exception to that. From ten o’clock Saturday morning until four o’clock Sunday afternoon, I played. I played nerf guns, squisheys, chase, tickle, piggy bank, ball and any other game that this little piece of my heart requested. I also took him to go potty numerous times because an auntie taking him potty is much more exciting than someone who usually takes him. I’m sure this will change when he sees me more often. For now, I enjoy the attention I get from him, as he enjoys the attention he gets from me.
Aside from all this play and potty another auntie duty called. Chandler had a boogie. This boogie was not an ordinary boogie; it was the monster of all boogies. The reason this boogie had gotten so gigantic was because Chandler refused to let anyone get it and it was too crunchy to blow out when he tried. Because he picks me to hold hands, play and potty, I figured why not try to talk him into letting me dig in. He wasn’t buying it. Finally, Sunday morning Jeff coaxed him into letting me try. After several unsuccessful attempts to break it loose, Mamaw holding his head and the help of his mama, we got it. It was glorious. We all cheered and showed him the boogie held up high on Breanna’s finger. On lookers thought we were sick in the head, but we were proud, proud that Chandler could breathe with that thing blocking his airway and proud that we got it out.
I love being an auntie.
4 comments:
I can't stop laughing!! It was a glorious and hillarious moment!
I'm late reading this post, been gone, but I have to comment on the boogie episode. He must take after his Uncle Rick who also had gigantic boogies when he was Chandler's age;) Maybe still does...
Grams
That's totally disgusting. Boogers are the only thing I can't handle but I hate looking at them more so I totally understand your plight.
Now onto bigger and better- you guys are moving back? That's fabulous! And I'm adding you as a friend on my page, just to let you know. :)
Sounds good :) Though, I'm a lame blogger...I lack the motivation to keep it up!
Post a Comment