Late one night Brandon was asking where I put the extra garage door opener. I mentioned that I couldn’t remember (short term memory isn’t always a strength of mine), but that it may be on the shelf above our TV in our bedroom. It seemed like a logical place to look. We rarely ever use that TV, let alone use shelves in that armoire …or so he thought. I wasn’t thinking that my answer would reveal my problem, nor was I thinking that it was even a problem, but it was too late at that point.
“What the hell?!”
I knew instantly what he was referring to. He found it. My messy shelf, my “I can’t find any other place to put it” shelf.

A few days later he found my stash of random items in the corner of our closet.

And, most recently, my pile between the wall and my desk.

He has yet to find this one...Shhhhhhhhhh!

I am by no means a pack rat and I consider myself to be a tidy, clean person; however, rather than sorting through random things and making a place for them, I tend to put them in one of my "spots" until I find them a home. At that point my short term memory issue takes its course and I forget until I later stumble upon that item again (or in this case, Brandon stumbles upon them).
One day I hope to be cured from these piles of chaos, but for now they sit, quite happily.
3 comments:
At least yours is only a pile - mine is a house!!!
Love ya anyway!!!
Cyndie
LOL that made me laugh...pick up your messes. Mine lately seems to be on top of our dresser. This moving thing can be crazy! You will get organized one day :).
Actually you still have a few piles here too ... oops. moo
Post a Comment