Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's the little things.

When we were young it was the little things that mattered, for we were little. You shared your toys with me and didn’t tell Timmy I had a crush on him. You were never afraid to rock the same outfit as me and always played along with my silly ideas. Plus, you had some wild ones too. You helped me explain the massive mess we made to my parents and helped me clean it up. You believed in me and my ideas. I believed in yours. Nothing could penetrate our friendship.

When I moved away we made it work. Driving down Highway 84 became my favorite weekend activity, despite the nausea I encountered on that windy road. Our parents loved that we were such good friends, but dreaded the fort building, perfume making, concoction stirring and anything else we could think of that weekend.

We soon graduated from making concoctions to going to dances and gushing at guys, particularly Abercrombie models. Typical, I know. You were the one I trusted most, I’d get advice from and who I always knew would be there.

We dreamed about going to the same college and I’m glad we did. Our relationship grew into something different than partners in crime; it grew into a mature understanding and love for one another. With that understanding and love I know that no matter how long it has been and what is going on in either of our lives, you are there and you are my friend. I love that I have you to lean on and that nothing you can do will change how much I truly care for and love you. The little things still matter, even though we're "grown up", and still, nothing can penetrate our friendship.

Feel better, best friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Tessa!

Anonymous said...

You are such a true friend Kimberly. Your friends are lucky to have you. moo

She still eats her rice with a fork.