Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What's your inspiration?

I am a blogging failure. Oh-well...as long as you’re still reading it! ;)

My niece talks way too much for a 3-year-old and asks deep questions, most of the time fully comprehending what she is asking. One night, recently, my niece found a microphone and held it up to my cousin's mouth and asked, "Kelly, what's your inspiration?" Kelly, being caught off guard laughed and replied, "I don't know Makenzie, what's yours?" After a thoughtful pause, Makenzie put the microphone back to her mouth and clearly answered "Well, my inspiration is shopping and going to Auntie Kiki's house." She knows what's up, to say the least.

Though this story is cute enough for its own post, I thought I'd tell you a little bit about some of my inspiration, as of late.

It’s refreshing to be working in an environment with people who actually care to get to know you and will pray that the 8th graders won’t behave quite as badly as they did the previous day. I’ve witnessed pure happiness of a couple making decisions together and beginning to reap the benefits of their decisions. I experienced undeserved forgiveness and the closeness that comes from realizing that people I love aren’t ever going to be perfect, but I love them anyway (and, though I’m not perfect, they love me back). I’ve celebrated birthdays and friends. I’ve shared in secrets and the giddiness of knowing something so exhilarating. I’ve had deep conversations. Today, I was told my 8th graders, my most terrible class, light up when they see me. I’ve been inspired.

2 comments:

sherry said...

That kid is just too much. Whenever we spend time together, she just blows me away.

Thanks for sharing your inspiration. Blush yogurt inspires me. Hey, why the heck didn't we get yogurt when you were home!?

Anonymous said...

Makenzie is quite a kick lol. She makes us laugh by the day. That inspiration thing really through us all for a loop. Sherry, I am now addicted to Blush!!! Next time I take Makenzie for yogurt, we will give you a call :).

She still eats her rice with a fork.