Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Oh 2008.

January is always a good time to make a list. I hadn’t planned on starting any new year’s resolutions this year since I typically come up with run of the mill notions that I tend to forget well before February begins. However, I find myself inspired by Sherry's list for 2008 and decided to make note of some things I’d like to begin.

  • Accept people’s invitations even if I don’t always feel like going because I need to be around people and I usually have fun once I get myself there.
  • Work on being healthier. Do drink milk every night like I used to. Don’t park in the closest spot in the lot. Eat more green and less white. Drink water. (we’ll work on the less soda thing as time goes on…I’m not willing to write that one down at this point.)
  • Actually finish a book that I start.
  • Visit Yosemite because I’m pretty much the only Californian, other my sister, who has never been there.
  • Take a more active role in my friendships and family so they know who they are to me.

I know there aren’t many and I also know that these are quite ordinary resolutions, but they are mine. They are things I desire to work towards and things that I know, with some change, I can accomplish. Happy 2008.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice -
I decided not to comment on your last entry, as there are just so many things to say and teach you - grasshopper ;-)
But here, when it domes to your health and drinking your nightly glass of milk - please make it organic (or raw which is hard to find). I could give you all the reasons (and I will if you would like), but please do it for me.
I will even pay for it (because it does cost a bit more) if you would like.
Thank you ever so -
C

And if I had a Blog - perhaps I would make a list as well (Thank God, I do not so there is nothing to hold me to!)

Breanna said...

We would love to have a part in you visiting Yosemite for the first time- it's one of our favorite places!

Anonymous said...

Can I come, too? :)

Kimberly said...

Ha, Cyn, you crack me up..why organic?? It usually gives me a tummy ache so I tend to stick with the kind that doesn't upset it.

Bre and Sherry...Of course...Brando has been trying to plan a trip for awhile and we're not sure when we're gonna go but we will for sure let you guys know.

Anonymous said...

Organic upsets your stomach? It should be the other way around! And everyone I have talked to LOVES the taste of organic so much better (that is not the reason to drink it though!)!
C

Kimberly said...

Well at least the Trader Joe's organic does upset my tummy...not sure why.

Anonymous said...

I need to make a list too...yours is good! Still scared of the bears lol...

sherry said...

I'm drinking hot cocoa made with organic milk. That counts as my milk allowance for the month, right? I totally have a working fridge to store my milk in, by the way!

I linky linked to your post, by the way.

Jessica said...

I haven't been either...

She still eats her rice with a fork.