Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Toasty Toes

I know I blog about him a lot, but he is here, he is who I see everyday, he is special.

As I sit here, I feel well taken care of. He worked all day, came though the door with a smile on his face, ate the dinner that I fixed him, finished his stories before taking another bite (because he knows that I hate it when he starts telling me something and pauses…for a long time…chew chew chew….to finish his thought), helped me with the dishes, dealt with AAA billing stuff and, before he even sat to relax, he put air in my tires. Once he finished he made his way to the couch and allowed my cold feet under him (my toes are quite toasty now, might I add).

Those tasks sound simple and uneventful even, but every little “nothing” reminds me of another something I love about him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is being nice to you ;-) I guess it was time he moved out!!! He wouldn't let me do the whole cold toes thing!
C

Kimberly said...

Ha! I think he's just glad it's not my cold hands!!

Also, as soon as I finished blogging...I stubbed not one, not two, but all ten of my toes, tripped over the battery cord and just as I was flying over the coffee table, Brandon caught me. So to add to this little story...I love that he has the coordination to catch me and that he is big enough not to squash because I landed pretty hard.

Anonymous said...

Me and Boo like to bury our toes under Cody too :)...must run in the family!

sherry said...

Obviously, you're missing me, so you decided to become me. I wish I had someone to catch me!

She still eats her rice with a fork.