Saturday, December 29, 2007

Keep on keeping on.

It has been a year since the biggest surprise of my life, our engagement. It has been 3 months since we were married. I’ve learned a significant amount since both events, but tonight I’m going to focus on a few of the things I’ve learned in the first 3 months of marriage.

1. Don’t put my cold hands on my husband’s warm tummy without asking (even though he’ll always say yes).


2.Transformers belongs on the mantel and not with the rest of the DVD’s.

3. That deciding whose family to spend time with isn’t that stressful because they are both so close and both so accommodating.

4. Sometimes I should let him win at Scrabble.

5. When I don’t remember when I need an oil change, it’s probably time to change my oil…and get my tires rotated.

6. Cleaning a 3 bedroom home is much more involved than an apartment.

7. Sliding in your socks never gets old.

8. You can watch Satellite launches from Avenue G in Lancaster.

9. Hanging pictures on the wall can take hours because he is not only a perfectionist, but has an engineering program that will give us exact measurements so that our pictures are exactly centered on the wall.

10. Stuffed dogs aren’t that bad.

11. I like being on top...of things.

12. I’ll never watch live TV again.

13. Picking your battles is important.

14. We have more supporters than we could have ever imagined.

15. The toilet paper MUST roll off the top.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What things do you like to be on top of...Mrs. Rocket???

Kimberly said...

Bills and Chores, of course. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking too... ;)

Breanna said...

I love this- it's what inspired me to do a recap of our marriage. You two keep on doing what your doing- you're doing a great job of making a new marriage look easy.

Kimberly said...

Ha...maybe that should have been #16....it's not easy. Ha, but it's SOOOO fun!!

She still eats her rice with a fork.