Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas means cookies.

Christmas came and went faster than I imagined it would. It began with work Christmas engagements and luncheons, a trip to the airport to drop our New Yorker friends off so they could make it home, and lots of Christmas cards, both sent and received. Brandon and I then made our way up to Livermore, to my parents’ house and into my mom’s room to gently kiss Makenzie on her forehead while she slept ever so soundly.

The weekend before Christmas was filled with unending amounts of cookies, family meals, an afternoon at Sherry’s and a visit to the famous Deacon Dave’s. The days leading up to Christmas where typical and I liked that. We visited my grandmother on Christmas Eve morning and spent the evening at church and at the Woodworth’s for presents and tacos. The next morning we enjoyed watching Makenzie exclaim “I can’t believe it, Santa brought the doll house from my favorite store,” as she placed her hands on her cheeks with wonder. After Santa presents with my family, we made our way to my Grandma and Papa’s and opened even more presents, played games and cried with laughter as we watched old videos. Following that celebration…oh it’s not over yet…Brandon and I headed back to Ed and Cyndie’s for more Santa presents with Bre, Jeff and Chandler. We got Chandler a Sit-and-Spin and despite its title, I think we saw Chandler Stand-and-Spin more than the sit part. I think it was a hit for him and a new wrinkle for Breanna. That’s what aunties and unkies are for, right?

I came out of the holidays joyful, tired and spoiled!! Apparently everyone got the hint that it’s cold here and bought accordingly…two jackets, boots, sweaters, a comforter, leather gloves (with a matching, AWESOME, leather brief case that makes me pretty much the most styling social worker ever) and a scarf. Now my days and nights of freezing have turned into days and nights of only slightly chilly and I have many, many people to thank (Brandon thanks you too).
I’m happy to be home and happy to have had such a wonderful holiday with my some favorite people. Christmas came and went faster than I imagined it would, but it was the perfect fix of family and friends to fill our holiday season with the same kind of “stuff” we both experienced growing up.
Getting our Christmas on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas and I'm sad it's over!!! I'm pretty sure though that I couldn't eat another green tree if I tried lol. :) Love ya!

Breanna said...

You guys won't ever look "hard" no matter how hard you try! It was so great to see you two! I know Chandler loved it! I love that when I say, "do you wanna play with Unkie Brando and Auntie Kiki" Chandler gets a big grin and kicks and shakes his whole body! ;) Thanks for the stand and spin!

Kimberly said...

Hehehe. We had so much fun too! Oh and we are in L-caster now...we're so hardcore.

Ms. McGowan said...

I totally believe that you're hardcore (considering the "side of town" you're living on).

I thought I couldn't eat another Christmas cookie until I remembered how good your ma's are. Don't worry, I stuck them in the freezer for enjoyment after Disneyland:)

Kimberly said...

hahaha. You and that freaking freezer.

She still eats her rice with a fork.