Thursday, March 29, 2007
My Shoes.
If you spent a day in my shoes you’d know that no matter how much sleep I got the night before, I am not ready to wake up when morning comes. Despite my desire to sleep, my day must begin and I drag myself to brush my teeth and shower. There is nothing like cleaning my ears after a shower. I typically lay my clothes out the night before, but most often reject the planned outfit and frantically fish for something better. My hair takes forever to straighten, and most days, I don’t do it. Though, I am much more confident when my hair is straight. When I walk, I say hi to people I pass. It gets me when someone says hi first. I often spend my day thinking about what my friends and family are doing at that moment and hope they’re wondering what I’m up to, too. When I see something at the store that reminds me of someone, I often impulsively buy it. If it’s for me, I can wait. I’m easily persuaded to tag along, as long as it means I get to spend time with people. I hate being by myself, but I get the most done when I have short spurts of alone time. The emotions I feel are almost always big and I have a horrible time masking them. My days are very much affected by the things and people around me. I often think that I can save the World and go on and on to my family about the injustice I saw that day. Sometimes they agree, but they almost always laugh and say “here she goes again”. I feel most like myself when I’m helping people. I have a strong distaste for exercising, but find myself making plans to do so recurrently (it almost never happens). When I’m put on the spot, I feel like a deer in the headlights and am rarely able to think about anything other than the fact that I’m on the spot. I love singing in my car and I am known to play the same song repeatedly. The smell of pizza always makes me hungry. In the evenings, I rarely ever feel like going to bed, but when I do finally get there, I fall asleep quickly. If you spent today in my shoes you’d know that I have horrible allergies and an awful reputation for mistreating cell phones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She still eats her rice with a fork.
2 comments:
Kim...I just love reading your blogs. You have quite a way with words. Have you ever considered becoming a writer? You should, you're great at it.
Ha, thanks. I used to want to be a writer when I was little and used to do a lot of creative writing as a kid. The thought has always been in the back of my mind, but I think a writing a whole book would be overwhelming. :)
Post a Comment