I’ve realized in the past few weeks that I’m really scared of losing people. I think my uncle’s death really capitalized these feelings and in turn, is making me deal with my fear. I fear that I’m going to lose someone else I love. I fear even more that the person I lose, I won’t see in heaven.
Note: I know it sounds almost arrogant; how do I know I am going to heaven? The truth is, I don’t, but I do know that I trust and hope in God. I do know that if believing and worshiping Him is my ticket to heaven, I will be going.
Today our pastor preached about crying out to God in our weakest moments, in fear, in pain. So, I’m doing just that. I’m trying to ask God to take my fear of losing more, to help me to continue to love the living, and to give me peace about my uncle. If you pray, can you pray that for me too? I need all the help I can get.
3 comments:
I can't think about losing people either...
I pray every day for you and our
precious family! G.
Hey Kiki
It is not arrogant and you do have assurance of your salvation and will be in Heaven because of what God has done for you. Believing in Jesus (Son of God) who died as the substitute for our sins is the only requirement for salvation. Know that your struggle is just a tool that Satan uses; trust in what God’s word says, read John 5:24 and Ephesians 2:8-9. God loves you, draw near to Him and he will carry your fears. Love you, Lynn
Post a Comment