Today was a really difficult day and a really good day. The first part I spent filled with anxiety and dread over having to say goodbye to my uncle. The middle part I spent with tear filled eyes and with my hand clenched around Kleenex after Kleenex. I’ve had a hard time shaking the depressed emotions since his death and today, at least the first and middle part, only made those emotions more real.
After a beautiful drive home, Jett and I decided that we needed to get out, so we tagged along on a walk with Sherry and her neighbor. We trudged up the hills near their houses, surrounded by lovely greenery. The sun felt so good on my drained soul and the cool breeze seemed to revive me. As I looked around, I felt peace. The part at the end of my day was good, really good.
1 comment:
I'm glad the sunshine did your soul good. Love you!
Post a Comment