Lately Brandon and I have noticed that Jett is starting to understand and put together concepts that seem so advanced for a 20 month old “baby”. Last night was a perfect example.
“Jett, we are going to go. Say bye bye to Mimi and Papa.”
Tantrum begins. “Nooo No No No No No BOCKS (blocks) NO!”
“Come on, Sweetie, we have to go, I know you’re tired.”
Tantrum continues. “NOOOOOO. Whaaaaaaa!”
“Ok, Jett, say goodnight to Papa.”
Still Sobbing and sad faced, “Bye Bye.”
“Let’s go home, say night night to Mimi. It’s going to be ok, we are going home to your crib to go to sleep and we will see them all tomorrow.”
In the saddest little voice, “Oooook.”
Every time Jett has a hard time, it breaks our hearts; but, it’s so beautiful to know that he trusts Brandon and I to take care of him and believes us when we tell him it’s going to be ok.
2 comments:
Sweet. His little "okay" is so precious. My favorite sad-voiced thing he says is, "Baby, waaaah." :)
His okay was pretty darn cute, as is baby waaahhh
Post a Comment