From you, I learned that I am worthy of a great love. I learned that I am beautiful. You taught me to be upfront. Because of you, I figured out that I’m nothing to be hidden, that my light shines too bright. I saw that some people take advantage of insecurities, because you did. You taught me to speak up. You taught me not to settle. Because of you, I know Christ. You taught me to go for it. I learned to guard my heart because you hurt it. You showed me that fighting is ugly. From you, I learned that laughter is crucial in a relationship. From you, I learned that a connection does not equal chemistry. And, from you, I learned that chemistry does not equal connection. You taught me to be myself. You taught me not to hold back.
I’m not sorry that I dated you, ex boyfriends of mine; you taught me so much about love and about myself. I have no doubt that my life and my relationship with Brandon is richer because of the good and bad we lived through together.
So, thanks, I guess.
5 comments:
For some reason, this made me teary. Maybe because I'm glad that you learned these things? Maybe because I'm glad that you and Brandon have each other? Maybe because I wish I had learned these things from my own crappy relationships?
I love you, and I'm glad you are who you are.
P.S. And I'm SUPER glad that you're blogging lately. You're rocking. I've loved your last few posts.
Me too!! Love you!! G.
Thanks! Love you guys!
Post a Comment