Saturday, March 12, 2011

Athletic, Confident and Pretty

Long before I became a part of Brandon’s family, I knew my sister-in-law to be a nice person (even though she was busy thinking I was a snot). I used to look up to her when I was in her PE class because she was athletic, confident and pretty. She smiled and said hi to me, despite me being a lame sixth-grader with more baby fat than the average pre-teen. She always seemed to know who she was, which was so far from where I was in life. I wanted to be more like her.

Now that I know her, all my observations have been confirmed. I’ve learned that she is truly comfortable in her skin and that she is athletic (not to be confused with graceful), confident and pretty. More than those qualities, though, I’ve realized how selfless she is. She’s one of the busiest people I know, but she always has time to spend on others, to think of others, to give a little more for others. She is prepared to put aside her desires.

It’s uncommon that someone, especially a middle schooler, can continue to live up to the expectations put on her 15 years ago by a lame sixth grader, but she has exceeded them. I admire my sister-in-law SO very much and I want to be more like her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only she had a twin...

Anon

Anonymous said...

For the record, I didn't think you were a snot until 2004ish. ; ) Thank you for the kind, generous words...I wish I was as eloquent with my words as you are with yours. <3

Kimberly said...

Lol. Love you.

She still eats her rice with a fork.