Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Big, Warm Hugs.

We weren’t that close; we’d see each other on Christmas and the occasional birthday celebration or BBQ. But, part of me still expects to see you at those events. Part of me thinks you are going to show up 3 hours late, like always. Once you show up, everyone will know because you are the loudest of all the brothers. I guess being the youngest, of the rowdy bunch, you had to be louder.
I expect you’ll still bombard the family with your flirty smile and “what’s up”, followed by big, warm hugs and two kisses, one on each cheek. Part of me still thinks Jett will get lots of tickles and attention from you this year. I still think you will play tricks on everyone when playing Santa on Christmas. Part of me expects you’re still going to be Santa on Christmas. Part of me still thinks we have memories to be made together.

I’m not sure how I am supposed to feel about you passing away. Part of me is so sad, part of me is just sad for my family members, part of me is angry, part of me is still unsure that it’s true.

I don’t know if I’m taking this so hard because you are most like my dad out of the brothers, if it is because it was so sudden, if it is because your children are still so young or if it is some other reason I’ve not even processed through. I do know that I’m going to miss everything about our holidays and events together. You were my favorite. You were always up for a good, scratch that, a great time. You were loud and unrefined, but you laughed big and loved even bigger.

RIP, Uncle Mooch.

Mooch with his kiddos (Melissa, Jamie and Mikey) and his wife (Rosa).

Uncle Mooch, Uncle Jimmy, Dad, Uncle Bobby


5 comments:

Nicole said...

This makes me so sad. Before reading it I saw the picture and immediately thought of him as "Santa" at Christmas. Makenzie had so much fun joking around with him this past Christmas. Uncle Mooch was too young to pass away. Hopefully this is a lesson learned for everyone to take care of yourself because you never know what tomorrow brings. I feel so sad for Rosa, the kids, grandma, dad and the rest of our family. I can still here his loud voice, as he entered Grandma's at Christmas..talking about how Rosa and Jamie had to do their hair and they'd be there in a few hours lol. He was a character, just like dad is. RIP Uncle Mooch. I love you dad!

Nicole said...

*hear his loud voice...

sherry said...

I'm glad you wrote this--I was hoping you would. Love you and thinking of you and your family.

Kimberly said...

Nicole - I always thought he looked up to Dad because they were SO much alike. So silly, so fun. I'm glad we have such fond memories of him.

Sherry - Thanks! You always know just how to cheer me up and give me a break from sad things! haha. Love you.

sherry said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, except that I have no desire to travel to China. Ever ;) Happy weekend!

She still eats her rice with a fork.