Wednesday, February 2, 2011

If you want green grass...water it

I’ve been getting some flack about my lack of motivation to blog and my resistance to hone my skill. So, I’m going to try writing again, in hopes that my posts become something I like again. Practice makes perfect, right? Here we go again…

I think we’ve all felt like the grass has to be greener on the other side, but this year I feel like the grass really is greener.  We didn’t suddenly fall into millions of dollars and, no, our cars don’t work any better than last year. I also didn’t swiftly lose those extra 10 pounds. But, I am so content where we are.

I like the idea that struggling a little builds us as a couple and as a family.  It’s strange to say, but I’m glad we don’t have everything we want, or think we need.  I think it’s neat that the more we work at and pursue the environment we want for our family, the closer we get and the more content we are where we are.   

No comments:

She still eats her rice with a fork.