About six years ago, as most of you know, my dad’s life changed. He’s been through surgery after surgery and has had continual pain since then. The pain is only getting worse and his doctor told him there is nothing else they can do. I saw a picture of his most recent MRI and I no longer wonder if he’s just exaggerating about the pain. It’s horrendous. The doctor recommended pain management and a continuation of the pain meds he has been on for six years. As much as I hope that pain management works for my dad, I’m a bit of a skeptic. I wish there was something more that could be done, a quick fix so my dad can be back to normal again. I know there isn't a quick fix. I fear my babies won’t know the strong, outgoing, fun person I knew growing up.
So, in Sunday school last Sunday we talked about healing and how ridiculous it seems these days to believe in God’s ability to provide miraculous healing. It’s hard not to think of the crazies on TV touching someone to heal them and all the fakes out there trying to make a buck off of gullible people. But in hearing stories of fellow believers’ faith in God’s miracles and the medical miracles that happened in their life because of that faith, I would be stupid not to have faith that God can deliver. Of course, I know He doesn’t have to, and that He may not, but I owe it to my dad to pray, pray really hard that God can work miracles when all others can’t. God can change things.
No comments:
Post a Comment