Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nanner Bannaner

When I think of you, I remember the jangle of your charm bracelet, always around your wrist. Your loving arms around my neck squeezed for a little longer and tighter than the average hug, letting me know just how loved I was by you. I remember the silly phrases you always said like “oh my achin’ bacon”. I think of the beautiful garden you and grandpa created together, the wheel barrow rides, the tomato and apple picking, the leaf jumping and the penny rolls all at your little Adobe Ranch. I think about what you meant to me; and, I think about how thankful I am that you taught us how to love our family with a full, open heart. You were strong, gentle, amazing. You are remembered and missed, always. Happy Birthday, Nana.

3 comments:

sherry said...

It's an amazing thing to witness a legacy.

Anonymous said...

I'll add to Sherry's comment and say that some legacies are good and some are bad. I'm always amazed by how good your good one's are and so greatful that your bad one's are far and few between.

Bizzle

Anonymous said...

It is so touching that you remember
Mom that way. Not a day goes by that
I don't think of her and miss her too. I guess that is why she is in
my dreams so often.

She still eats her rice with a fork.