When we were very young, I wanted to be like you. I wanted to crawl like you, walk like you, play like you. I took dance class because you took dance class. Everything you did was cooler, better and definitely more exciting to me. I liked following your lead.
When we were a little older, I was less obvious about wanting to be like you. I made fun of your rubber stamp collections and your “boring” ideas. I acted like I was conceding to your requests and just went along with your shenanigans. Really, I just wanted to hang with you, because maybe, I didn’t think you were so boring after all.
When we were teenagers, we had our fair share of arguments (usually caused by calling shotgun or around who was mom’s favorite). I played tricks on you and often played into your gullible side by convincing you that you contracted serious ailments that didn’t actually exist. But, like before I did it because it was my way of being around you, making you laugh, spending time with you. I also made fun of your fashion taste, which I was also jealous of (except for the bumble bee and doilies). Sorry for showing my affection by torturing you.
In college things changed. We actually started acting like we enjoyed each other’s company, and for the most part we did. I learned that even though we are different, very different, I didn’t have to pretend that I didn’t appreciate who you are. And, since then, our friendship has grown into something I couldn’t live without. I wish I had allowed myself to “like” you sooner. (Around this time you also gave me my niecey-poo, who I also can’t live without, but that’s another story and this is about you!)
I love that you love being home and being with family. I am so jealous of your creativity and you ability to make anything pretty. You can visualize something and create it, perfectly; nothing I do is perfect. How do you that? You are so very loyal and stand up for the ones you love. I love that you stand up and say what you think now. I think it’s cool that you’re a mom and you’re smart and you’re witty. You have better fashion than anyone I’ve ever met. And, you really do make the best cookies (hint, hint).
You are still the same big sister I wanted to be like when we were very young.
I like you. I love you. Happy Birthday.
5 comments:
My wish come true... and the respect you have for each other rocks! Love you both!!!! Mom
Aww...Your mom's comment gave me tears. Your family is really wonderful.
word! what they said!
Meow Meow. I love you too. It's funny because I always thought you were way more exciting than me :). I was super jealous of you and how outgoing you were. I sometimes still find myself nervous when I use Q-Tips...thanks for that LOL. I'm so glad that we have become as close as we are. Thanks for the sweet birthday blog. I'm not going to lie, I really enjoy reading about myself ha...just kidding (well kind of lol). Love ya sista!
O.K. Kim, now I am crying, but they
are tears of happiness!! Grams
Post a Comment