I’m exhausted. I miss the nights, 4 months ago, when Jett slept for 9 hours straight. Brandon and I have been trying to figure out what to do with him lately. So many sources suggest the “Cry it Out” method and other variations of it, but I just don’t think it’s for me. I totally value the advice, know it works for some people and have nothing against people using the methods with their children, for the record.
Despite my knowledge of these methods working, I just can’t shake the feeling of doing something that feels completely unnatural and cruel. Since when is it anyone’s “right” or guarantee for a solid night’s sleep? Is it something I desire, YES! Is it something I hope for very soon, ABSOLUTELY. But, I don’t think I am willing to make my child absolutely miserable in the process. He slept through the night on his own before, and I believe he’ll do it again. I’m done hearing about how picking up my child when he cries at night is creating dependency. HE’S A BABY….he’s SUPPOSED to be dependent. And, during this time with by baby boy, I want to work on building security, creating a healthy attachment and doing what I feel is right for him. I am his Mama, after all.
3 comments:
You go mama bear :)
I know you hate this...but you are more like me then you'll ever know. I could never let you or Nicole cry... I tried once (for about 2 minutes) and I was the one who ended up crying the most. Sleepless nights will end eventually and then you will long for the cozy nights when you cuddled with your little buddy.
I never let Makenzie cry...and I still can't LOL
Post a Comment