Monday, March 17, 2008

Sunny Side Up

I am often negative about the desert and the lack of normality I feel among the locals, but today I feel like looking on the bright side.

Things I like about the desert in no particular order (Yes, there are some)….


1. The breeze in my hair and no frizz
2. Medrano’s Mexican Food Restaurant (where they know our order by heart, they bring more warm chips before the basket is empty, the happy hour is from 1-8pm everyday and the waiter looks like Uncle Jesse from Full House…Yowwwza!)
3. Brandon having a job way cooler than any other engineer!
4. Having a three bedroom house (with a 3-car garage for Brando)
5. Working for a population I wouldn’t normally try working for
6. Being so close to Disneyland
7. Driving past living Ghost Towns and being thankful it’s not that bad
8. Being Newlyweds
9. Watching movies for $1.25
10. My coworkers teaching me Ebonics and making fun of my whiteness
11. When it rains, it always smells like the first rain
12. My 5 minute commute
13. Getting letters from home

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are finding happiness there ;-) I know you bring happiness to Brandon. Look at it as an adventure!! Where else could you live 'nowhere', in the snow and heat and dirt. AND learn 'ebonics' (technically a foreign language I believe) at work? It has a bright side - it won't last forever, and Brandon will love you forever ;-) C

Anonymous said...

Still think you should come home...and me too hehe!

Anonymous said...

Oh, enough with the positive thinking, already ;)

She still eats her rice with a fork.