Wednesday, March 5, 2008
I've never seen you smile so big.
Hey…hey you. No, you’re not in trouble, I’m proud of you. You are the first to graduate from our program. You, yes you, have made a change for the better. You have overcome the “what you are going to be if you continue down this path” and became a functioning, well as functioning as a normal teenager can be, adult. You were allowed back into school. I’ve never seen you smile so big. When we meet, I no longer have to push you to answer, you now know how to self-evaluate, and you know how to take responsibility. Your grin shows pure happiness and pride in your progress, in your ability. I hope you see that in mine too. I am SO proud. You talk about your homework assignments and are actually excited to do them. You are learning about your strengths. I couldn’t believe that you wanted to share your art project with me. Wow, you’re an artist. You’ve come a long way these past three months and an even longer way since your poor behavior first began. I know I’m not the sole person to help you down this new path and your willingness had a massive amount to do with your success, but I’m glad that I am able to see you in this state: changed, happy, excited, and successful. Congratulations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She still eats her rice with a fork.
6 comments:
That's exciting...good bob Kikster!
That's when you know you're doing something worth-while with your life. What a great feeling for you!
I always knew you would make a difference! Congrats :) and love you....moo
Bravo! I'm so proud of you and your kid. You, my friend, blow me away. You life a big life. I like that about you.
live, not life.
Thanks guys. :)
It really has to be the client's choice to change, so I guess I got lucky! It's sooo frustrating that it has to come on their time...hence, he's the first one to graduate from the program, but yay that I got to experience it with him!!
Dork, I knew what you meant.
Post a Comment