Monday, November 19, 2007

I'll have some caffeine with my pumpkin bread, please.

Sherry arrived the night before and we spent a few hours laughing and catching up. It reminded me of living with her. Both of us sprawled on the couch wrapped up in conversation and genuinely glad to be in each others company. I’ve never not felt glad to be around her.

The next morning we poked around and let Brandon sleep in a little. We giggled at the commonness between us and felt comforted in knowing that though things aren’t the same, our friendship is…and so is our morning soda jolts and pumpkin bread slices...oh how we love the pumpkin bread. (Thanks Mom)

Brandon woke up and we all lunched, got ready for the wedding and headed to Murrieta, Ca. The drive was long, but the fluid conversation made time pass quicker. We were seated in a grand courtyard beautifully surrounded by the fall leaves and running ponds. The ceremony began and Meagan entered through an opening gate. She looked stunning. Her family gave her away and the ceremony began. I couldn’t help but be more involved in this wedding. It was the first wedding I’ve been to since my own and I now know how it feels to be up there, surrounded by all those people who want to support you. It’s amazing and I loved being there for them, they were there for us.

The reception site was just as beautiful. The brown and cream linens hung over the tables, perfectly matching the bridal party and candles provided a romantic atmosphere for the guests. We sang for our food and enjoyed every bite of the warm pasta and crisp salad. My table couldn’t have been more fun. Sherry, Brandon, Andrea, Michael and Ryan provided much entertainment throughout the night and it was pleasurable to visit with friends.

The dance floor was in perfect view from our table. We watched for awhile and then got down. Brandon really got into it and even learned a new dance move…you’ll have to ask him about it. After the cake and cookies, the dancing and the goodbyes, Brandon, Sherry and I headed back to the desert and into bed. We skipped church the next morning and caught up on sleep, Sherry and I again let Brandon sleep and spent some more time with the pumpkin bread loaf, soda and People magazine’s hottest list. Did you know Jackie Chan made it in there?…ha!


The weekend came and went quickly. And, Sherry’s visit went especially quickly, but I truly had a blast “living” with her again. I’m glad she came and I’m glad she’ll come again…she’s like that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please explain the new dance moves...or you can demonstrate for us on Thanksgiving :).

Kimberly said...

The dance....hmm...it can be done to any type of music...I think it's related to the Charleston...you definietly need a visual.

Anonymous said...

;) I think I need a Diet Coke.

Kimberly said...

hehehe...me too.

Anonymous said...

me 3 :)

Anonymous said...

New blog please :)

Kimberly said...

Ha...soon.

She still eats her rice with a fork.