Thursday, September 27, 2007

My turn.

Nearly every girl has waited for their day to be the bride. They’ve thought about their groom and their gown. The season and location sorted out. Ideas for favors, decorations, and bridal party attire jumbled through their minds, changing often for some and for others, not at all.

My day is rapidly approaching. I’ve always pictured myself in an A-line wedding dress. Simple, modern, nothing fancy. My dress is none of the sort. Summer, yes, July, I thought I’d marry in July. It’s September. I used to desire a casual setting, perhaps a golf course or a beach. The vineyard is far from casual. Chocolate is no longer my favor, decorations are minimal with the flowers I once hated centered on the tables. The bridal party, well, I thought they’d wear purple…they aren’t. Long ago, I planned for different girls by my side, but couldn’t be happier with the ones who support me now.

Our day is going to be unlike anything I planned in the past. It’s a celebration of a love that is completely different from anything I’ve ever known. My turn to be the bride is an expression of not only who I am now, but who we are together...and I love who we are together.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You enjoy your special day. I know you'll be a beutiful bride. Be pampered, have fun, and let your bridesmaids do the work! All the best...one more day...

Kimberly said...

Thanks!! We're gonna miss you guys! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Unreal! Yay:)

Kimberly said...

CRAZY!!! IT'S HERE!! AH! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Kim, you looked so fantastically beautiful, and most importantly, immensly happy. It was a wonderful wedding and we were honored to get to share it with you. I hope you have a delightful honeymoon. Prod free. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I loved you as a bride and I can't wait to hear all about your Honeymoon...and ROCKETMANNNNN...:) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I saw a few pics of you on your wedding day on Shannon's MySpace. You looked beautiful and both you and Brandon looked very happy. Hope your honeymoon is a blast! Look forward to having you guys for dinner sometime.

She still eats her rice with a fork.