Wednesday, August 22, 2007

black or white?


Pulling into the driveway, I never know just what to expect. Sometimes he’s in his work clothes (kacki shorts and a t-shirt), sometimes it’s his PJ’s and sometimes, if I’m lucky, he’s in his coveralls and working on his car. Man, I love it when he’s working on his car. Last weekend, I was lucky. Once I turned my car off he greeted me and he, as always, carried my bag to the guest bedroom, put my pillow on the bed and met me back downstairs. At that point he typically finds me popping the top of a diet Sunkist and smiling with satisfaction that his fridge is ALWAYS stocked with my favorite things. That’s where he found me, and I was smiling.

The remainder of the weekend was a blast. We browsed at the mall, got my ring cleaned (I got some compliments afterward…hehe), pigged out on sandwiches the length of my forearm, bought shelves for our closet, put them together (ok he did that part), and made our way to the lake. We took a back road from Palmdale and actually found that there IS greenery in the desert! The road winded past country homes, run-down stores with tattered signs, and a tiny golf course. The scenery put to a mellow CD was fabulous. Once we reached Lake Hughes we realized just how pretty a body of water can be in the desert. The lake itself is nothing special, but set against the dry background…wow. We sat and chatted for hours. Sounds boring, yeah? It wasn’t.

Following the lake, we headed back toward Lancaster, stopped for some Ice Cream, ate it, and made it home just before 7pm. He had a date planned for us. Prior to the date, he asked me if I wanted black or white. I picked black. You see, he and I are both football fans…he loves the Raiders, I love the Niners. Obviously we couldn’t miss the game. He left me on the couch to “grab” something upstairs…he turned the game on from upstairs and threw me his black raiders jersey expecting me to put it on (he was wearing the white one). I AM A DIE HARD NINER FAN. Would I wear a Raider’s jersey for love? Hmmm…I’ll never admit to it; however, I may have a new good luck charm for the Niners (they won, you know). ;) We spent the rest of the evening drinking margaritas, eating pizza, and cheering on our teams.

Some asked if I was disappointed with the date, if I was expecting something more fancy or extravagant. I wasn’t. It was unbelievably fun. Don’t get me wrong, I like dressing up and going out just as much as any other girl, but this….this was perfect. He keeps me guessing each trip and the planner in him always has something up his sleeve. Like I said before…pulling into the driveway, I never know just what to expect and I like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too cute! GO NINERS!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww. I love it. You're making me miss Andrew now. That's lame. Haha.

Anonymous said...

You make - a his mama proud!!! Where did he learn that stuff?
I, personally, think he is pretty dang cool (if you can get over the nerd part that is - but without that he wouldn't be him!!)!!

Gotta Love 'im!

Kimberly said...

Ha. I love the nerd part...no need to get over it! :)

She still eats her rice with a fork.