Thursday, July 12, 2007

She's glizy.

There's something to be said for consistency. I love it. My cousin is consistent. I can't remember a time that I didn't have a connection with her. She's nothing like me and I like that. As kids, though she is younger than me, she could talk me into involvement in any fairytale game she had in mind (my guess is that she probably still could). She'd be the beautiful damsel and I'd be the sidekick or guy because I was a tom boy compared to the other girls in my family. She made me feel good about myself because she always wanted me around and always wanted me to be me. We never fought over the spotlight because she wanted the glitzy attention and I sought the laughs. The only things we had in common were a love for dance, a love for our family and an obsession with The Backstreet Boys (who we are definitely going to go see if they ever tour again).

Now she's in college and we both have other things that keep us busy, but when we are together there is comfort in knowing that she still loves me for who I am, that she still has her head in the clouds and that we can pick up where we left off because our connection is just that easy. She's turning 20 today and I still see her as the 14 year old girl who wants to be Baby Spice and rollerblade around grandma's garage. Though she's not rollerblading and doesn't always wear her hair in Baby Spice pigtails anymore, she's still the same girl. She's still consistent. She's still my Cristy and I love that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Crust!!! I think that we are lucky to have been so close to all of our cousins...I love them all! Talking about cousins and being close, makes me think of Tahoe. I miss that tradition...haha maybe your next blog should be about traditions, or " lack there of" ;).

Kimberly said...

we'll start some new ones ;)

Anonymous said...

I saw a video of a Tahoe trip ;)

Anonymous said...

About that video...lol KIMBERLY some of those are not to share haha...hope it wasn't the one with my neon pink jacket and bangs :).

Anonymous said...

Oh ya and new traditions sound exciting! We can't wait :).

Kimberly said...

hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love you Kimmie. And, who are we kidding, I do still want to be Baby Spice. That'll never go away. :)

She still eats her rice with a fork.