Monday, June 18, 2007

Schnibley is a funny name.

I sat next to Brandon at the outdoor reception in AZ. I don’t know why I am surprised by his behavior at this point, but he always seems to come up with something new to make me grin and shake my head in disbelief. Pre-dinner snacks were served in plastic containers, often used for tortilla chips and fake nacho cheese at the ballpark. These were filled with m&m’s. Once we finished off the m&m’s Brandon used the plastic container to catch and hold his “pet” fly captive for the evening. We named him Schnibley. The reception carried on and we did also, only occasionally returning our attention to poor Schnibley to give him a little flick (as a reminder to keep flying around). After becoming less than entertained by Schnibley, Brandon decided to catch another, in the process he lost Schnibley and was left with an empty snack container. Thank goodness because he has been looking for a companion for Stiffy.

Aside from Brandon’s fixation on Schnibley, we had a blast. (Ok, I’ll admit it, the Schnibley thing was amusing.) Seeing a friend that I hadn’t seen in 8 years was INCREDIBLE. We kept in touch all this time, but never made it to another state to visit. She looked beautiful and still radiated the charisma that drew me to her friendship so many years prior. Being there on her day meant so much to me, and I think to her. She’s planning to be there for mine, as well. I can’t wait!

6 comments:

Ms. McGowan said...

Flashbacks to the last wedding I attended with Brandon. There were hymnals used for unconventional purposes, inappropriate comments, and new friends. And I spend the evening rolling my eyes and smiling. I feel ya, girl:)

Anonymous said...

damn. Sherry.

Kimberly said...

Ha. As embarassing as it is, he's a great date.

Anonymous said...

That's hillarious- all I can say is none of the above surprises me. In fact, nothing surprises me anymore between him and Jeff. Love you all.

Kimberly said...

:D ya, what's a bunch of freaks!

Anonymous said...

LOL Stiffy and a fly...what nice pets!

She still eats her rice with a fork.