Monday, March 12, 2007

She looks best in yellow and deep teal.

She moves quickly from place to place, most of the time with a pile of papers in one hand and the other swinging to the pace of her walk. She smiles at people as she passes and always seems to enjoy greeting them. I’ve noticed that when the wind blows in her hair she doesn’t fuss with it and she’s always more chipper on a sunny day. She looks best in yellow and deep teal, but most often wears black, white, brown or navy. She likes books, coffee shops, and antiques. She is able to spot beauty in nearly anything with history. Before her, I’ve never met someone so actively creative. She envisions something and brings it alive. Her writing is an obvious example, as is her home. She thrives on making people feel at home when they visit and her aims are far from fancy. Despite her strong desire for a casual atmosphere in her home, her parties include only the most elaborate of menus and centerpieces. She also knows what it takes to be an amazing friend. If a friend needs her, she’s there. I called her last week and she instantly knew I was upset after only one, short sentence. Her friendship is refreshing because she continues seeking the people she loves and thinks of them constantly. She is not motivated by praise and always seems to push herself harder than most, even when it’s not necessary. I’ve found that if she’s laughing I can’t help but laugh too and her oddities are just as contagious as her chuckle. She doesn’t hesitate to admit where she’s struggling and where she feels she falls short. Her boldness inspires me to have less fear putting my ideas and thoughts “out there”. I can’t think of anyone who really knows her and doesn’t love her. Because she is shy and not always an advocate for herself, she often gets overlooked and it’s a pity to me that more people don’t take the time to REALLY know her. If they did take that time, they’d get to experience what a truly wonderful person she is. My life is better with her in it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think she looks better in bright pink...it matches those leather boots she owns. ha, anyways, kim youre awesome......see you two soon!

Anonymous said...

She's teary eyed:) Thank you. You, my friend, know how to "see" people. It makes it even more wonderful to be your friend.

Thank you for putting up with that emotional, tired roommate of yours:) She appreciates you much more than she tells you.

Kimberly said...

Ha...hmm...ya I don't think she'd ever wear those...but I'll suggest she buy them next time we're at the mall. (Do they sell bright pink boots at the mall?)

Breanna said...

My life is better with her in it too. Can't she just borrow your pink boots and leather pants, Kim?

Mark said...

My life is certainly better with her in it as well. I've always known she was special - thanks for articulating some reasons why so eloquently. I love that I can't help but laugh if she's laughing... she's good for the soul :)

Stephanie

She still eats her rice with a fork.