Who are you? Who do
you want to be? Are they the same
person?
Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about who I want to be and
what I need to do to get there. To be
honest, I’m not always sure exactly who I want to be, but some characteristics
I’m working on are constant.
I want to be honest in all aspects of my life: to myself, to my God, to you. My words will always be sincere, when I am who I want to be. I will work my hardest in every role I hold: in my church, my marriage, my family, my friendships, my job. I want to speak clearly and communicate openly, always. I will mend broken relationships, work hard at maintaining them and let people know how much they mean to me. Patience and love will motivate my responses, rather than selfishness. I will be gentle with your feelings, your desires and your needs. I want to take criticism well and change. I want to be accommodating and flexible.
I want to be honest in all aspects of my life: to myself, to my God, to you. My words will always be sincere, when I am who I want to be. I will work my hardest in every role I hold: in my church, my marriage, my family, my friendships, my job. I want to speak clearly and communicate openly, always. I will mend broken relationships, work hard at maintaining them and let people know how much they mean to me. Patience and love will motivate my responses, rather than selfishness. I will be gentle with your feelings, your desires and your needs. I want to take criticism well and change. I want to be accommodating and flexible.
I’m so grateful that I can change and work towards becoming
a better person and that who I was as a child, teenager, young adult doesn’t
have to be the same as who I am now or in the future. I’m also thankful that I’ve come a long way
since then, that I have taken opportunities to mature and that I have a more
clear vision of who I am working towards.
I’m digging this growing up thing and being one step closer to who I want ME to be. Stay tuned.
1 comment:
Yay for self-reflection and growth. Yay for being the kind of person that other people want to love. Yay, yay, yay for blogging.
Post a Comment