Monday, October 11, 2010

My favorite, old pair of jeans.

My family is my favorite, old pair of jeans. They feel so good. They keep me warm. They fit.

There have been times I feel like I can’t possibly squeeze myself in them and other times that they overwhelm and swallow me, one creating panic that I may never fit in them again and the other leaving me momentarily content that I’ve moved on.

Sometimes I forget about them, toss them aside and after a bit, rediscover their greatness once again.

They’ve fallen apart so many times, then patched together again, each time needing a little something different.

I love that they are a constant, that they are a part of me. I rest assured that there’s no thread too thin to mend the rips. I love that right now, they fit perfectly, and when they don’t again, I know that they will.

1 comment:

sherry said...

My family is like an itchy tag. Ha. Just kidding. Love you! Glad you blogged.

She still eats her rice with a fork.