Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bed head and not much else.

Picture yourself as a supervisor…oh the glory it must bring to “supervise”.

I tried on numerous attempts to get a hold of my supervisor the day before this went down to coordinate a task she so lovingly dropped on me with little notice...Typical. No response to my phone messages explaining that I needed to pick up materials she had before I could do her training and no response to my millionth email. I was stuck hoping I could get a hold of her before showing up at her house to pick up the needed materials on my way to Santa Cruz.

So, I emailed her that morning at 6:00am reminding her that I’d be to her house around 8:00am – as my emails and messages indicated the day before. No response. So I tried calling her my entire way to Campbell from 7:00am to 8:00am. No response. I knew the area she lived in, but not the address, so I pulled off the freeway and called another supervisor – no response. I called our manager; she gave me the address and instructed me to just knock on the door.

I knocked and my supervisor answered the door in a robe with clearly nothing else under it and bed head. Her speech was groggy and she was slightly embarrassed. I informed her she probably had at least 20 missed calls from me and explained why I was there. She apparently didn’t feel the need to explain why she wasn’t awake on a work day at 8:15am.

I got the materials from her car, since she clearly couldn’t come outside looking like that and I headed on my way to Santa Cruz. You would think things like this were uncommon, but no, my supervisor has an incredible knack for sucking the life out of me…oh the glory it must bring to “supervise” like her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just ridiculous!!! ...and pathetic! She should be embarrassed and ashamed! B

Kimberly said...

I detest her.

sherry said...

Sucking the life out of you and sucking at life.

She still eats her rice with a fork.