One of my co-workers is the most passionate person I’ve ever met. She isn’t just passionate about a couple of things, either; she’s passionate about everything. When I first started, I was turned off by her. I found her passion an annoyance and often found myself wondering how enthusiasm for everything could be sincere. Telling her to stop inquiring about every little thing and asking her to shut up was also a common thought of mine. I mean, really, who cares.
I still don’t care about the questions she asks a lot of the time, nor do I have half as much passion as she does, but I’m no longer irritated by her. I really appreciate the way she lives. I admire her zest to learn anything and everything, her interest in people and things, her fervor for life. I’ve come to learn that I like being around people like her.
No comments:
Post a Comment