Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All my brothahs, sistahs and me.

I’ve always wanted more siblings. My mom can attest to the fact that I really never gave up on the idea that they should have had 3 kids; though I stopped asking for a sibling a few years ago because at that point, it would just be weird. My desire for another sibling wasn’t for a replacement or because I wasn’t satisfied with the one I had, Nicole has, in fact become one of my most favorite people to be around. We share the memories and the “can make me laugh instantly looks” that make no sense to anyone else. She understands the way I work and why I am the way I am. My longing, however, was more so for additional bonds that only siblings have, that Nicole and I have. Maybe I was being greedy. And, though my parents never gave into my sibling requests, I feel that I got my wish.

Cody, Breanna and Jeff are my siblings-in-law and the answer to my never-ending aspirations for a bigger family. Cody is hilarious. We are more alike than my sister can believe and often find ourselves engaged in bad behavior at my sister’s expense. I think she secretly loves it. Bre is mellow and intentional, she’s always there if you need her and she never looks out just for herself. I find myself going to her for those private inquiries and know that it won’t leave the room. She’s better at just hanging out than anyone I know and I like that. Jeff is a goofball. I always feel that he’s looking out for me and at the same time could pick on me at any moment. He’s unpredictable and fun.

They all add something new to my life and provide a different “sibling” bond. I like that I’m still the little sister and that I have 4 big siblings to help me through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love and appreciate you more than you know. I wish could put my thoughts into words like you can. Thank you for being you. Breanna

Kimberly said...

:)

She still eats her rice with a fork.