Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Desert Living.

The desert is slowly becoming my home. Brandon and I have met really great people and have made some incredible memories. I no longer feel lonely. I have friends here (one family in particular has been an extreme blessing). I have a routine. I have a life. I have only one week left of a job I’m not crazy about and I am starting a new adventure that I think will be AWESOME. I have a marvelous husband that makes me laugh so hard it hurts and one that puts up with all of my shenanigans. I have a new home that I’m moving to (IN A SAFER NEIGHBORHOOD). I have my friends and family from up north that call me all the time and who know when I may need a little extra attention from them. I am happy.

My happiness comes from all these things…the excitement of change, of marriage, of new and old friendships, of making memories. My desire to be up north has not faded, I’m just more able to enjoy the time I have here, rather than simply wasting my time wishing it away.

Brandon watchin the monster trucks.

(Yeah, we know...trashy...but FUN!!)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're settling in. Enjoy your life!

Janea

Anonymous said...

Yes you are full of shenanigans :)...always have been. Can't wait to see you on Sat.!!!!! Mimster

Breanna said...

Wish we could be there this weekend!

Kimberly said...

J-I am very much enjoying life!! :)

Moo-I can't wait to see you and my Makenzooo either! Yipppeee!

Bre-We wish we got to see you guys too! We could really use Chandler's muscles!!

She still eats her rice with a fork.