To my left is the man of my dreams. I look over to him and he grins, a gift from You. I replay the spontaneous weekend I just had with him and I feel Your love so strongly through him. I close my eyes now and I see our family and how beautiful they all are, how good they are to us, another gift. I picture my niece and nephew and how they love so unashamedly, like You. I think of my friends, they’re all from You.
The rain has let up now and I open my eyes to the desolate landscape. The sun begins to shine and it reflects off the clouds. A rainbow appears, actually two rainbows. Two symbols of Your promise right here in this ugly place. Thank you for reminding me of You, especially when I forget You are the reason I’m so “lucky”. It isn’t that often that I’m this captivated by You, but I live for these moments. They give me hope.
2 comments:
Kimberly, Thank you! I needed that
this morning - how often we sometimes forget that He is the reason for our life here on earth. We need to be reminded from time to time how special that life really is and how special people in our lives are!
I second that! Sometimes we get so caught up in the "Daily grind" that we forget what it is all about. You gave a beautiful reminder. Thank you.
Janea
Post a Comment