If you walk through our front door, you’d first see our niece and nephew. You’d learn that they, and the rest of our family, are incredibly dear to us. Our brand new arm chair is next. On it’s shoulder is a cozy afghan gifted to us and just beyond that, a glass topped coffee table, a love seat and a couch. To the right is the fire place waiting for the cold weather to begin and above, a flat screen TV that we splurged on because it’s just so perfect for our living room set up. Behind the couch, two windows share the lush backyard grass that the little ones love to experience on their visits to our home. On the wall, next to the windows, a frame filled with friends, family and rockets. Yes, I said rockets. There’s a half wall separating the living room from the office. The office holds my desk, futon and more windows exposing the backyard. I love our backyard. The dining room is next. If you were here, you’d find our modest little table with its 4 chairs surrounding, and two bar stools most often used when one of us is doing the dishes or cooking. Our kitchen is small, but functional (besides the fact that our plates don’t fit in our cabinets). You’d see our toaster oven and our mixer, our chrome cooking utensils and our frosted flakes. We have a little bathroom under the stairs, it’s green. You’d see our towels have the letter “W” on them and a picture of a rose my dad took at our rehearsal. It makes me smile every time I think of how proud he was of that picture and how I teased him that no one would want a picture of a random rose…I was wrong.
Back toward the front door you would see the staircase and the ledge that is typically the home of my husband’s “dog”. Upstairs and to the left is our room and bathroom. Our fluffy cream comforter hangs over the edges of our queen and the 70’s style furniture surrounds it. The bathroom holds a large mirror that spans above our dual sinks and our closet that filled with clothes hanging in style and color order, of course. Next to our room, you’d find your, the guest's, bathroom. It’s clean, very clean. The walls are a medium blue and the shower curtain has rhinestones on it. There's shampoo, conditioner and soap in there, in case you forget. Next is our office/"I don’t know what to do with this, put it in there" room. Here you’d see evidence of our education and interests. We have plans to make it a rocket theme, but for now, it remains a compilation of many things. To the right of this room, you’d, finally, come to the guest bedroom. It’s bright blue and cozy.
Though I feel that your tour is over and you have a better idea of what we see each day, some may argue that your tour isn’t complete without mentioning the garage…so I’ll mention that we have one and it’s in the front of our house.
Our home is becoming more of a home each day and that makes me quite happy.
4 comments:
I love your home and your couch...very cozy! Makenzie and I had a great time visiting. Can't wait until the three of us can make it out again. I'm sure you two miss us, as does "Snuffy" haha. Love you!!!
I think you should reply when I write lol.
La La! We loved having you guys...what a nice surprise. And little Zoo is becoming quite the little soccer player :) Thanks again!
Thanks for the "tour"! Not quite the real thing, but now I can picture you in it... I am anxious to see you, your home and "Stiffy", but it will probably have to wait now until after the holidays! How did they get hear so quickly? By the way, love the pictures and can't wait to have my own to look at over and over and remember an absolutely awesome affair! Love ya!
Post a Comment